How Alderman Oaks is Coping with the Coronavirus Pandemic
By Rusty Blix, Founder
Alderman Oaks Retirement Residence
During these unsettling times we have had to be adaptable, creative, flexible, and resourceful to respond to the challenges of the Coronavirus. The unusual circumstances have tested our resolve but our unwavering faith and great group of staff and outside professionals place us in a position to continue serving
Get Relief With Medical Marijuana
Our thanks to Dr. Steven Reichbach and Lolita Reichbach of the Gulf Coast Ketamine Center for providing an update on Medical Marijuana.
INTERESTING BACKGROUND AND INFORMATION ABOUT MEDICAL MARIJUANA
A BRIEF HISTORY OF CANNABIS
– Has been used for over 4000 years
– Used by many cultures and religions for medicinal purposes
– In the US in 1940’s called “Reefer
Elder Law Checklist of Essential Legal Documents
Our thanks to Kevin Pillion and Shannon Feinroth of the Life Planning Law Firm for providing a checklist outlining the key legal documents related to effective life planning.
1. HEALTH CARE POWER OF ATTORNEY (DESIGNATED HEALTH CARE SURROGATE)
Who do YOU want to make your health care decisions if you were unable to do so?
Legal document appointing another
Key Questions When Considering a Move to a Senior Retirement Community
Contributed by Rusty Blix, Founder of Alderman Oaks
Aging in Place or Transitioning to a Retirement Community Can Often be Complex, Confusing, and Intimidating!
We encourage you to schedule a visit to Alderman Oaks, as we would look forward to assisting you and your family in the decision making process.
Is the community privately owned or part of a larger
Response to Herald-Tribune Editor’s Request Regarding Hurricane Irma
I am responding to the October 17, 2017 Editor’s request “to hear from customers about their power restoration times” from the outages caused by hurricane Irma.
Alderman Oaks Retirement Center in downtown Sarasota experienced a power outage of four days. I also testify for many, if not most, Assisted Living owners and operators in
- Loving, caring ownership and staff
- Services catering to different lifestyle needs
- Active Resident Council and Committees
- Located in "Heart" of Downtown Sarasota
- Regular Spiritual Opportunities
- Flexible Transportation
- Exercises, health diets, and access to an on-site Wellness Center
- Weekly Happy Hour with Live Entertainment (We dance!)
- Just Around the Corner From the Friendship Center
- Rental Only Apartments (No buy-in required)
- Choice of studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom Floor Plans
- Able to transition into Assisted Living if needed