Who We Are
Alderman Oaks is a unique retirement residence located in Downtown Sarasota. Our location allows our residents easy access to the many community activities, clubs, and places of worship, helping them to stay vital and involved.
So, what helps to make Alderman Oaks “Unique”?
- Alderman Oaks is located in a quiet residential neighborhood – our campus is Downtown Sarasota!
- We provide the most accommodating and flexible transportation available so that our residents can benefit from and stay involved in “real life.”
- Alderman Oaks is not part of a corporate “chain” of retirement residences.
- Our local owner and administrator is on site almost every day and is available for any questions or concerns.
- Local ownership permits us to provide personalized and flexible service to each of our residents.
- We are a mid-sized residence, not so big that no one knows your name, but not so small as to be confining.
- Decisions at Alderman Oaks are often made with the consultation of our Resident Council and long-time employees.
- Ownership has not changed since we opened in 1997.
- Our policies and procedures have been consistent like our ownership.
- Our mode of operation has always been to do the right thing for our residents and our employees.
- Our staff adds to our family-like environment. We have very little turnover and many have been here for years.
- We practice honesty and kindness in our interactions with everyone who walks through our front doors.
- Residents feel better because of our warm environment.
- Residents truly enjoy our healthy and delicious meals and have energy to do things they enjoy!
Click Here to review Our Mission.
- Loving, caring ownership and staff
- Services catering to different lifestyle needs
- Active Resident Council and Committees
- Located in "Heart" of Downtown Sarasota
- Regular Spiritual Opportunities
- Flexible Transportation
- Exercises, health diets, and access to an on-site Wellness Center
- Weekly Happy Hour with Live Entertainment (We dance!)
- Just Around the Corner From the Friendship Center
- Rental Only Apartments (No buy-in required)
- Choice of studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom Floor Plans
- Able to transition into Assisted Living if needed