Is My Forgetfulness Normal?
Our thanks to Cheryl Brandi, DNSc, ARNP, NP-C of the Roskamp Institute Clinic for contributing this article.
We all have those moments where we forget someone’s name, or where we put the car keys. These “senior moments” are understood to be part of the normal aging process. However, at what point should one be
Reducing Risk for Alzheimers Disease!
Our thanks to Dr. Julio Cantero, Medical Director for the Center for Brain Health for contributing this article. The Center for Brain Health and Youthful Aging Home Health are a part of a team of visiting professionals who complement the Alderman Oaks Staff in serving our residents.
Many of us are worried about memory loss. We
It’s a New Year for Caregiving
Our thanks to Julie Cook Downing, Founder of Caregivers’ Comfort Creations, LLC for contributing this article. Julie is a valuable resource to the community in providing products, programs, and services to individuals, families, and professionals faced with the challenges of caregiving.
CAREGIVING IS QUITE POSSIBLY THE HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD™ and if you are fortunate to be reading this
Treating Dementia Differently
JoAnn Westbrook, N.H.A., Certified PAC Trainer and Director of the Education and Training Institute at the Pines of Sarasota came to Alderman to speak on dementia and how we approach those who have it. JoAnn uses the approaches she learned from Teepa Snow, an expert on dealing with dementia, to inform caregivers how to easily handle daily tasks.
Life Care Plan: Simply Defined
Thanks to Kevin Pillion, Esq., Elder Law Attorney, Certified Public Accountant, Founder of the Life Planning Law Firm, P.A. for contributing this article. The Life Planning Law Firm is a valuable resource in providing programs and services to the residents and families of Alderman Oaks.
The aging process presents a host of challenges and raises many
- Loving, caring ownership and staff
- Services catering to different lifestyle needs
- Active Resident Council and Committees
- Located in "Heart" of Downtown Sarasota
- Regular Spiritual Opportunities
- Flexible Transportation
- Exercises, health diets, and access to an on-site Wellness Center
- Weekly Happy Hour with Live Entertainment (We dance!)
- Just Around the Corner From the Friendship Center
- Rental Only Apartments (No buy-in required)
- Choice of studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom Floor Plans
- Able to transition into Assisted Living if needed