5 Benefits of Exercise for the Brain & Overall Health
Our thanks to Nicci Kobritz for contributing this article.
Exercise may be more important than you think. Aside from benefiting your physical health, exercise—research shows—packs numerous cognitive benefits. Below, we’re covering the best benefits prolonged exercise has on your brain.
#1: Exercise Improves Executive Functions
Your brain’s executive functions are higher-level thinking skills. These skills include task switching,
Making a Connection with Those with Dementia
Our thanks to author Susan Garbett for contributing this article.
The media and some commercials would have us believe that Alzheimer’s is just a disease of memory. We know it can also affect perception, behavior, personality, language dysfunction, visual and motor skills, and much more. Being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s should not be looked as an immediate
Is My Forgetfulness Normal?
Our thanks to Cheryl Brandi, DNSc, ARNP, NP-C of the Roskamp Institute Clinic for contributing this article.
We all have those moments where we forget someone’s name, or where we put the car keys. These “senior moments” are understood to be part of the normal aging process. However, at what point should one be
Reducing Risk for Alzheimers Disease!
Our thanks to Dr. Julio Cantero, Medical Director for the Center for Brain Health for contributing this article. The Center for Brain Health and Youthful Aging Home Health are a part of a team of visiting professionals who complement the Alderman Oaks Staff in serving our residents.
Many of us are worried about memory loss. We
It’s a New Year for Caregiving
Our thanks to Julie Cook Downing, Founder of Caregivers’ Comfort Creations, LLC for contributing this article. Julie is a valuable resource to the community in providing products, programs, and services to individuals, families, and professionals faced with the challenges of caregiving.
CAREGIVING IS QUITE POSSIBLY THE HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD™ and if you are fortunate to be reading this
- Loving, caring ownership and staff
- Services catering to different lifestyle needs
- Active Resident Council and Committees
- Located in "Heart" of Downtown Sarasota
- Regular Spiritual Opportunities
- Flexible Transportation
- Exercises, health diets, and access to an on-site Wellness Center
- Weekly Happy Hour with Live Entertainment (We dance!)
- Just Around the Corner From the Friendship Center
- Rental Only Apartments (No buy-in required)
- Choice of studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom Floor Plans
- Able to transition into Assisted Living if needed