New State COVID-19 Testing Site For All Age Groups
Extended Beyond Original Sunday, May 31 End Date
Robert L. Taylor Community Complex in Sarasota
FL Department of Health (DOH)
Region 6 COVID Testing Team
Alderman Oaks Retirement Residence (Staff & Residents)
Sunday, May 31, 2020
Click Here for More Information.
& Company and the Feed A Healthcare Hero! Team for
recently providing lunch from Gecko’s on Clark Road.
Photographer Barbara Banks, Daughter of Resident
Bettye Banks, in the Garden at Alderman Oaks
“Our New Normal: Scenes From a Masked Sarasota”
Photography by Barbara Banks — 4/24/2020
As Sarasota adjusts to a new way of life under the cloud of COVID-19 pandemic-including social distancing, mask wearing and sheltering at home-we want to shine a light on how the region is coping.
Photographer Barbara Banks snapped these portraits of Sarasotans wearing face masks, as strongly recommended by the City of Sarasota, as they try to go about their lives-sometimes cautiously, sometimes joyfully, sometimes in spite of all the odds.
Click Here to go to online article.
We Take Social Distancing Seriously at Alderman Oaks
Alderman Oaks resident Doris Rumph peering out of her apartment window on Saturday, April 18.
She had a surprise visit from her son Tom, who was being considerate of our social distancing policies.
His sign read “Love You Mom.”
By Rick Adams | April 10, 2020
Governor Ron DeSantis says most COVID-19 deaths in Florida are those over the age of 65, senior living facilities continue to take precaution.
Click Here for Printable News Release.
Click Here for Online News Release.
How Alderman Oaks is Coping with the Coronavirus Pandemic
– Reasons to Move Into A Furnished Apartment
– Short-Term Stays Through the Crisis
– Safety, Security, and Connectivity
Click Here for Blog Article.
Greetings from Theresa McKenzie, Shirin McComb, Denise Leonhard, Don Fitts and Rusty Blix
At Alderman Oaks we are going to great lengths to ensure everyone’s health the safety. Our prayer is that this period related to the Coronvirus will soon come to an end with as few aftereffects as possible.
Due to the high level of call volume, we ask that questions related to the status of Coronavirus at Alderman Oaks be primarily communicated by email (info @aldermanoaks.com).
- Loving, caring ownership and staff
- Services catering to different lifestyle needs
- Active Resident Council and Committees
- Located in "Heart" of Downtown Sarasota
- Regular Spiritual Opportunities
- Flexible Transportation
- Exercises, health diets, and access to an on-site Wellness Center
- Weekly Happy Hour with Live Entertainment (We dance!)
- Just Around the Corner From the Friendship Center
- Rental Only Apartments (No buy-in required)
- Choice of studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom Floor Plans
- Able to transition into Assisted Living if needed