Join Us at Alderman Oaks for a Presentation About Ways to Improve Health Outcomes Through Use of the Arts
Meet and hear leading arts and health professionals, demonstrate the power of the arts in improving your physical, emotional, and spiritual health. Topics include Dance and Movement, Expressive Arts, Laughter and Joy.
Friday, June 16, 2017
2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Tamara Teeter Knapp
Co-founder Expressive Arts Florida Institute
Presentation: Through a simple expressive arts practice, connect with the present moment and your innate creativity to experience a healing mind-body connection.
Leymis Bolaňos Wilmott, MFA
Artistic Director, Sarasota Contemporary Dance
Jahrel Thompson, Drummer
Presentation: The power of movement and dance for endurance, balance, and motor control.
Hedda Matza-Haughton, LCSW
Co-Chair, Arts for Health-Sarasota Manatee
President of “For the Health of It” Consultation Services
Presentation: Highly interactive fun-filled demonstration of the power of laughter and joy for your health.
Click Here for more information about Arts for Health Sarasota-Manatee.
Seating is Limited! To RSVP, call (941) 955-9099 or go to Contact Us page on this website.
- Loving, caring ownership and staff
- Services catering to different lifestyle needs
- Active Resident Council and Committees
- Located in "Heart" of Downtown Sarasota
- Regular Spiritual Opportunities
- Flexible Transportation
- Exercises, health diets, and access to an on-site Wellness Center
- Weekly Happy Hour with Live Entertainment (We dance!)
- Just Around the Corner From the Friendship Center
- Rental Only Apartments (No buy-in required)
- Choice of studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom Floor Plans
- Able to transition into Assisted Living if needed